Medical Malpractice Department Obtains $700,000 Settlement

A 71-year-old man went to a Minnesota surgical provider for a routine procedure under anesthesia. The surgical provider did not have the monitoring equipment needed to ensure that the procedure could be performed safely. Without the necessary equipment, the patient experienced an excessive buildup of carbon dioxide and fell into respiratory arrest. The patient died, leaving behind a wife and two adult sons. The case settled on behalf of the family for $700,000.  The Ciresi Conlin team was led by Colin F. Peterson and Kathleen Flynn Peterson. (2019)